Saturday, April 3, 2010

One week to race day

This time next week, hopefully I will be chilling after a good supper waiting for my first race. When I first decided to do this I was looking only to complete a race. Now I'm looking to finish with a respectable time for my age group. Barring injury or damage to my bicycle, I think I'll do okay. I've been timing my swim and get about 2:10/100y. My ride is pretty good with average speed around 18mph, and my run is decent at about 7-7.5 mph. After this race, I think I'm going to take a week off and reassess for my next race in June. I have never enjoyed training more than I have these last three months. I look forward to each element every day and I've even managed to build on the foundation I started with in January.

Next week, I have to be out of town for a training session. There will be a certain amount of PT I'm sure. Outside of that, I'll take it a little bit easy before race-day.

Stay tuned for results a week from tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment