Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Trying to maintain




Took a fantastic ride on Sunday. I found the plaques in downtown Springfield that mark the spots where Wild Bill Hickok and Dave Tutt stood for their infamous gunfight in which Hickok gunned down Tutt over a gambling dispute. In total I rode 22 miles on a crisp spring afternoon. Today I took a tough hilly ride that was not so glorious, but it has given me some confidence in hill climbing. My legs are burning tonight. I emptied out my hot tub while I was out riding, and now I wish I could get in it.

I'm somewhat back on a training schedule I'm already having difficulty getting a balance with real life. I got back to interval training. I did a workout with the fellas the other day that included sections of the SORT obstacle course as well as some other challenging tests of strength. Hopefully I won't injure myself in the process. I plan to run an 8k race on Saturday. I'll register tomorrow. I'm pretty sure Don and his girl Ronna are doing it as well. We'll see who else shows up. I would kind of like to see if my 5k time has improved, but I think I'd rather challenge myself a bit on the 8k. I should get back to swimming in May. Hopefully I won't lose much over the month's break.

No comments:

Post a Comment