Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Claremore OK Sprint Tri done




I'm happy to say I did respectably well in my first triathlon. I was thrilled with the swim result and moderately happy with the bike, and slightly disappointed with the run. All in all it was a terrific experience. I plan to do at least two more this summer. After that I'm considering a half marathon in October. That ought to fill my year. There will probably be a 5k or two in the mix as well. The event Chris and I ran last Sunday was full with four hundred participants. Three-hundred-forty-one finished. I can't thank my friends the Lamphears enough for helping us out by picking up our packets and taking some extra pictures of us. Mike was especially helpful with advice and encouragement along the way. I feel like I have a base to work from now. I want to shave four minutes off my time when I do this event next year. The miraculous thing is, I feel great, no significant joint pain, no real muscle soreness. I am ready to train again. My next Tri will be June 19 in Willard MO. I'll be back in the pool early in May, if not sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment