Sunday, February 7, 2010

Nutrition?

Making a bit of progress in the pool. I looked at a video about the Navy SEALs combat swim stroke. I used it some during yesterday's training. It worked surprisingly well. I pushed a little and completed 425 yards in under 25 minutes using short breaks in between sets. I did 25s on 10-20 seconds rest for 100y as a main set. I also did a couple of 50s. I think what I'm going to do is work up to a distance of 600y and then work on closing the rest gaps. That will mean about an hour in the pool each time. This should work fine, but I am giving up my rest days to do it. I may combine my swims with my lighter run days in the future.

We went out for supper last night and I had a huge meal. I think I paid for it today when I went for my 10k run. It was like I was hungover. I only had one drink, but I think the rich food had the same effect as several drinks, especially when trying to perform in any manner afterward. In the future I intend to show a little more restraint when I eat out.

Training is having an effect on my desire to take up my other hobbies. When I'm not working out I don't feel like doing much, so getting in the studio seems like a struggle. I need to get over the hump on a project and get it finished for the MFCA show and then maybe I'll get past this personal slump.

No comments:

Post a Comment