Saturday, February 27, 2010

Dogged determination

I hate to miss a workout these days. I have manipulated my schedule to insure that I don't actually. Other than small modifications to accommodate a race, I don't think I've missed one this year. I am going to have to skip a couple in the coming weeks and I hope that it doesn't serve as a setback. I'm going to have to push a little in the coming weeks to get a little faster on my run and hopefully the bike as well. It's difficult to tell how I'm doing on the bike as I have been riding indoors on the trainer about 90% of the time. One outdoor ride this year actually. As it warms up I expect to change up my routine some. I also should be starting "Bricks" this month, but I will likely put that off until I get into mid-late March. That should be interesting. Swimming is going well. I came to the realization that I'm going to have to push a little harder in the pool if I intend to get any better. A couple of revelations about rhythmic breathing have helped me out some. Some coaching would be of great benefit. I made my goal of 600 yards in a 30 minute session. I'm now working on closing the rest gaps. With seven sessions left, I'll probably buy another value pass to get me up to race time. Next year I think I'll join the Meyer Center for three months and see how I like that. Meyer has more lap lanes and some instruction available as well. I've started grappling once a week with my SORT brethren, and that has added an extra half hour to an hour on to my weekly routine. I don't think it's going to be much help in the Tri-athlon. Looking forward to swimming today to see if I can push ahead a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment