Saturday, January 30, 2010

Following the program

I have set out to follow an 11 week program I found on the web. I doubt I'll follow it to the letter, because I am ahead of the running portion, slightly ahead on the cycling and right at the mark on swimming. Swimming will be the most challenging for me to follow. I went the other night and swam 25s for 200 yards. I thought I had kind of wussed out by not going 300, but when I looked at my program, that's exactly what I was supposed to do. When I swim next time, I'm supposed to do 50's for part of it. This should be interesting. Breathing is where I struggle the most. Today I'll try to exhale more forcefully so that I don't take a breath with half a lung full of air. It looks like I'm giving up my rest days for a bit. I'm not sure this is wise, but I don't know how to get the workouts in if I don't. Instead of a rest day, it's really more of a light day. Strength training is making a return. Pull-ups and push-ups is really about the only thing I'm doing. Again it's a time and energy thing. I don't want to become a slave to this thing, but I do want to succeed. Success is finishing a triathlon without feeling like a zombie afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment