Friday, July 15, 2011

Open water swim practice and OMC



Getting in some open water swim practice. I think I covered the distance well enough. It'll be much different with other swimmers in the mix. I'll have to remember to do things at my pace.

At this point I'm feeling a little under-trained for an Olympic distance. I'll know more after my 15/3 brick tomorrow. I may skip my weekly long run and do something else this Sunday. There's still two weeks to go and plenty of training time. Ultimately, I'm committed to Olympic distance and will stick with it even if I finish ugly. But finishing well is still the goal.

I got aero-bars today and put them on. I'm looking forward to trying them out. I may have to play with them a bit to get them exactly where I want them. So far, so good though.

I joined Ozarks Multi-Sport Club the other day when I was buying a few things at The Starting Block. I even went on a group ride with some of the other club members. I'll see if I like the club. It does allow for 10% discounts at many of the run and bike stores in town. I think the new board is committed to more group training events as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment