Friday, July 29, 2011

Getting to the finish line...

Sitting here on the eve of the longest race I'll do this year. I set a goal of doing an Olympic distance race this summer. I settled on the Concreteman which will be tomorrow. In a few hours I'll be in the water waiting for the horn. I'm feeling a little under-trained and spent the day talking to other tri-athletes I know hoping for some reassurance. I heard a lot of the things I wanted to hear and I'm as ready as I'm going to get. I did a few calculations and I think something in the low threes is attainable. I'm well hydrated, evidenced by my frequent trips to the restroom today. Gear has been packed, and prepped. I picked up my packet tonight and stowed everything in my bag. I've done all I can do to this point. From here forward, it's all mental. I'm looking forward to the finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment