Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Holy Smokes!

It's been a long time since I made an entry here. I've done quite a bit since I took my hiatus from running. First of all, it didn't last long. I got back at it pretty quickly. I determined that most of my trouble was caused by running on the indoor track. I used my three sessions with Olympic miler and athletic trainer Jason Pyrah to help me figure out how to work through this injury. Doing fine right now. Events; Zach and I did AdventureMax in early March, and had a great time. It's a very fun race if a little cold. I did a 15k a little later in the month and did well, better than expected at 8:05 pace. In April, Chris made a jaunt down to Claremore OK, to revisit my first tri-course. I had a good race and improved my time by 18'. I was even in 2nd place in my AG for a while. That is until the 2nd wave of swimmers crossed the line. Then I dropped to fifth. I was pretty happy with the end result as it was two minutes faster than my goal time. A little short of a podium finish should motivate me a bit. Next up is Tri-Zou. I've never done this race, but it seems like the whole town is doing it. Just got to stay trained up for it. No big surprise that I bought another bike. I got a 29er MTB. I want to do the Xterra off-road tri in Eureka Springs this June and wanted 29er to do it with. I've been practicing with it a little, but plan to do more after Tri-Zou.

No comments:

Post a Comment