Friday, January 13, 2012

Running hiatus

I've been dealing with a little tendonitis in my left ankle lately, so I put myself on a two week hiatus from running. That means more trainer, more cross training and more swimming. I plan to start up running again next Tuesday or Wednesday. Last week we had an unseasonably warm Friday and I was off work. I managed to get in a group ride east of Springfield. I figured it would be about 20-25 miles. We rode 38. It was a great ride and followed a route I never would have figured out on my own. I realize now that I've been missing out on a group dynamic. I really enjoy getting out with others that enjoy the same activity. Over the last year I've met enough people to get me in the loop on some good group activities. This weekend I'm planning on a Gravel Grinder ride. I've never done one of these, but I'm told they're a good time and it seems to me that they would be. Riders use MTB or cross bikes and ride the gravel roads just like a road ride. A mix of MTB and road riding I suppose. A new swim class for triathletes started last Sunday, and I'm going to do it again. I really want to bi-lateral breathe. I think it'll help me swim straighter in the open water.

No comments:

Post a Comment