Monday, August 30, 2010

New bike & 10k coming up



I started shopping in earnest for a new bike right after the Tiger-Tri. Craigslist Kansas City, Tulsa, and Springfield were the main ones I looked at. I checked several times a day and waited patiently for an upgrade at a decent price. This one came up one Sunday afternoon and I was enthusiastic that it might fit the bill. I'm very happy with my purchase. It's a nice light bike. I added my pedals and saddle. I think I'll eventually swap out the handlebars for a wider set. I sold my old bike the very next weekend after I did some long overdue maintenance and repair. New brakes and a headset, then some slight adjustments. I think the girl that bought it has more bike than she was looking for, but I sold it at a fair price. Ironic that I get a new bicycle just as I plan to switch to training for the half marathon.

I'm doing a 10k this Saturday. It will be my first. I'm looking forward to seeing how I do. My long run these days is a 10k. I've been sub 9' pace the last two times, so I'm hoping for 8:40-8:50 pace in this race.

Looking ahead, I think I'll get back to triathlon training in February. For now, I'll try to maintain a base that will make the transition to multi-sport training easy. I did a swim clinic Sunday. I should have an underwater video to post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment