Saturday, June 5, 2010

Duathlon Tuesday

Tomorrow I'll run a 10k training run and then rest on Monday. Tuesday, I'm running 2 mile run 11 mile bike, 2 mile run duathlon. I think my friend Don is going to do it with me. He's a much better runner and cyclist than I am, so I expect to be pretty far behind him. I'm hoping the heat isn't unbearable. The event is at 6pm on a Tuesday, so at least the sun will be low in the sky.

I'm not really ready to run in the heat. Biking isn't so bad, you get a little breeze. I am going to have to do something about all the sweat. It stings my eyes when I wear sunglasses.

Got my swim back pretty quickly. I think I'm on schedule to do about a 7 minute swim for the Willard triathlon. That event is coming up quickly. I'm ready to get another event behind me.

I'm already thinking about some longer events for next summer. I'm thinking the long version of the Concrete-man triathlon may be a goal to attain for next summer. A half Iron Man...I think that's a little further down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment