Friday, May 28, 2010

Summer means the lake

Getting my swim back. Tomorrow I'll extend another 100 for a total of 900. I think my stroke technique is getting better. I'm trying to extend further and keep my arms in the water longer. I think I'm faster, but I don't really remember my splits from before. I've been taking some great rides these past few days. The heat is starting to have an effect on my training. My biggest discomfort is the sweat running in my eyes. We're taking our boat to the lake on Monday. I'm going to try my hand at open water swimming for a little distance I think. Today I did a strength workout with some friends. I was going to cut out early because I needed to do a four mile run. One of my friend says, "Hey you do two more reps with us, and I'll run four with you." I reluctantly buckled and said okay. I got revenge on the run. He was tired at mile 2 and dying after about mile 3. After 4.45 we walked it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment