Sunday, October 23, 2011

Bike Slut/ 1/2 Marathon training

Last month I found a Cervelo P2 on Craigslist. I decided that if it was still available after I got back from Chicago with my money from the USS Constitution I built that I would buy it. I know I just bought the Felt S32 and I haven't even ridden it. The Cervelo is much better equipped though. I got a few extras on the Cervelo too. I'm going to take the computer off of the Felt and maybe the aero-bars. I'll hold onto the Felt until next spring and I think I can get my money back out of it. I love bikes.

Cynthia Bradley, Don, and I had a great 12 miler today in preparation for the Bass Pro half marathon. We ran the course as marked, with a few errors in navigation. It's the furthest I've ever gone. I felt good and turned an average of 8:48 with negative splits, and an 8:12 last mile. Afterward, we had a huge breakfast, my favorite part of the run. I felt good and running in a group is something I don't get to do often. The camaraderie, and conversation is a great way to pass the time. The topics were training, bikes, racing, and life in general. Cynthia dropped off about mile nine and Don and I went on with our 12 mile plan. The weather was gorgeous, you couldn't have ordered up better weather. I am ready for it. If the weather is even close to what it was today, it will be epic. Maybe another in December, if I can keep up my training appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment