Sunday, August 28, 2011

Season wrap and autumn plans

My last triathlon this season will be the Branson Sprint that's running alongside the 1/2IM the same day. I didn't think I was going to be able to do this race. I was supposed to be out of town that weekend, but those plans have been modified a little. I'll be home that weekend, and I intend to race. I think it will be a good time.

As I write this a few people I'm acquainted with are in the middle of IM Canada. I've been tracking their progress on OMC's facebook feed. I wish them all well. It's inspiring and humbling to see what the human body is capable of achieving with some determination.

It must be August, because I bought a new bike. A Felt S32. It needs some minor work that I didn't detect until I got it home. It works fine, but has some wear. I'll get it all going in time for next season. I don't think I can bear to get rid of my Trek though. It's an awesome ride and even moreso since Don put the tune to it. I'll split my riding up a bit next year on the two to see which one I like best, but I intend to race on the Felt. The Trek will be more for straight road rides.

It looks like a 50k relay, the Sunshine Run 10k, the Bass Pro 1/2 marathon and the Turkey Trot will round out the year. Then I'll rest into the holidays, and work on some off-season strength stuff. I'm considering Cross-Fit, but may come up with my own thing. I need to get back after my shoulder. It's doing better, but I've neglected it over the summer unless you count swimming (I don't).

No comments:

Post a Comment