Sunday, November 7, 2010

Results and referral

I got my MRI results the other day and with the help of a good friend who is a Radiology Tech, I was able to see some of the things that I read about in the report. I have a couple of bulging discs and narrowing in the channels where the nerve roots exit the spine. I got referred to The St. John's Spine Center. I was a little apprehensive about this based on the initial call. After a little research, I think this will be the best place for me to get treatment. I only hope they won't get their heads too wrapped around my discs and ignore what I think could be a peripheral nerve problem. Meanwhile, most of my pain has subsided. The numbness has reduced to about one square inch in the center of my deltoid. I can live with all this. The weakness is about intolerable to my mind. Working over my head is nearly impossible, I fatigue easily and I just can't do some stuff. I'll continue to train. My distances are going to change a little, and I'll still be stuck inside for cycling on the trainer. I was pretty lazy today. I'll get back on the horse tomorrow. I think I'll be doing M/W/F thing and 3,4,5 miles. I'll probably do the Turkey Trot, but I don't know if I'll make my goal of sub 24 minute finish time. All that is provided they don't sideline me after my Dr. appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment