Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Diagnosis and motivation



I got this video from USAT's facebook feed. I thought it was very moving. Being faced with injury that has sidelined me for a bit with so much uncertainty at this point I was inspired by these athletes.

I went to the Orthopedic Doctor yesterday. He's confident that I don't have a rotator cuff tear. He believes I have an impinged nerve root in my neck. If not at the neck then somewhere else that's causing my issue. I get a little stronger each day. I still have trouble sleeping all night long and I'm still taking meds for pain. I go for an MRI soon. After that, they'll know if I have an impinged nerve root in my neck.

The Doc gave me license to do whatever I could tolerate. I decided that I would run on the treadmill in case I had difficulty. It went very well actually. I was a little slower as one might expect after taking over a week off from training. I'll try six on Friday and if that goes well, twelve on Sunday. If twelve goes well, I'll go ahead and do the half marathon. All of this is obviously based on whether or not news from the MRI and subsequent visits to the Doc allow.

No comments:

Post a Comment