Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My tri year 9-23

I don't know how well I'll keep up this blog, but I hope to look back next fall at my journey toward a goal of completing 2-3 sprint distance triathlons.

To encapsulate everything I've done to date;

I've been a regular runner for a while as a requirement for SORT

I started swimming with more regularity to prepare for a sailing trip with BSA

I started riding my mountain bike more often when I decided to do this.

I recently purchased a nice entry level bike from my old friend Don Buttram. Some generous donations from my good friend and IronMan veteran, Pete Hill will help me outfit the bike with a nice saddle and decent clipless pedals.

Recently I've changed my running routine to be more challenging.

The goal at this point is to get within striking distance of doing a triathlon. Sometime in late October I will make a decision regarding what to do about joining the Chesterfield Family Center in order to train in the pool as well as having more indoor choices over the winter. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment